Fire Causes Damage at Windsor Tobacco Farm

Fire has caused extensive damage to a shed that housed tobacco at a farm on Baker Hollow Road in Windsor Thursday morning.

The fire was reported just after 9 a.m.

Fire officials said there was a malfunction during the curing process and the shed caught fire. It took around 45 minutes for firefighters to extinguish the fire.

Fire officials said it was difficult to obtain a water supply and having a propane tank in the area also made it dangerous.

No one was inside when the fire started.

Contact Us