Gas Leak at Manchester Home

Crews responded to a gas leak at a Manchester home on Monday afternoon.

Residents at 75 Wells Street smelled a gas odor in the basement of their home, according to Manchester Fire Chief David Billings. The call came in at about 12:30 p.m.

CNG responded and confirmed there was a leak, but couldn't cap it in the house.

Residents went outside as CNG worked on capping the gas line to the home from the street, Billings said.

Bennet Academy students nearby were kept inside as a precaution while this repair work was underway.

No other buildings were evacuated and employees or residents in other area buildings weren't told to stay inside.

The scene cleared at about 1:30 p.m. after CNG stopped the gas from going into the home, Billings said.

Police were made aware of the incident.

Contact Us