Three people were injured in an explosion in an apartment building in Seymour Tuesday afternoon.
Emergency crews responded to the explosion in the area of Maple Street and Pearl Street just before 2 p.m.
Two people suffered serious burns and were taken to the Bridgeport Hospital Burn Unit, according to emergency officials.
Get Connecticut local news, weather forecasts and entertainment stories to your inbox. Sign up for NBC Connecticut newsletters.
The third victim suffered minor burns and refused treatment, officials said.
Emergency crews located a propane gas leak and were able to stop the leak.
The gas explosion happened in a basement apartment and caused significant damage to the building, according to fire officials.
Five people have been displaced due to the explosion. The Red Cross was called to the scene to help the residents of the building who were displaced.
Sign up for our Breaking newsletter to get the most urgent news stories in your inbox.