Fire Destroys Garage, Sheds in Somers

Fire damaged several structures in Somers on Tuesday morning and the heat was so intense that it also melted lights on fire vehicles.

The blaze broke out in a free-standing garage on Hampden Road, spread to an attached garage, as well two additional storage sheds, and sparked some small brush fires, officials said.

Firefighters quickly extinguished the brush fires, but the attached garage and storage sheds were destroyed.

The free-standing garage housed an expensive motorcycle and several tools, including an acetylene torch, and other carbon-based accelerants.

The fire did not damage the house and no injuries are reported.

The state fire marshal and the Somers fire marshal are investigating.

Firefighters from several departments responded.

Contact Us