Daily Blotter– May 11

Post Prom Drinking Sends Students to Hospital

State police arrested Ralph Dzenutis, 48, of Cornwall, who they said held a teen drinking party at his house over the weekend, and three were so drunk they had to be taken to a hospital.

Troopers said 80 to 100 young people attended the party after a prom at Housatonic Valley Regional High School. Police didn't let the youths drive home and spent several hours contacting parents to pick up their children. Police say the three hospitalized teens are recovering.

Patient Missing from CVH

Police are searching for a missing Connecticut mental hospital patient. 71-year-old Fred Concannon was last seen Friday night at Connecticut Valley Hospital in Middletown. A spokesperson for the state mental health department says Concannon has walked away from the hospital before, but is not considered dangerous. Concannon was committed to the hospital in December 1995 and served time in prison decades ago for manslaughter. He has Level 3 privileges, meaning he must be accompanied by staff when he walks around hospital grounds. Shortly after being committed to CVH 13 years ago, Concannon cut a staff member with a pair of scissors in the abdomen, the Middletown Press reports. He also served time for manslaughter when he was 17.  

Man Found Dead in Blazing SUV

A man was found dead in an SUV that was on fire in Hamden Sunday morning. The car was on Grandview Avenue. The man's name has not been released. 

Arson Investigation in Meriden

Authorities in Meriden are investigating a possible case of arson at a vacant home. Flames were pouring out of the second floor windows when firefighters arrived at the Maple Branch home shortly before 10 p.m. Saturday. It took an hour to get the fire under control.

Case Begins in 7-Year-Old’s Death

A man charged in the death of a 7-year-old West Haven girl is expected in court Monday. John Billingslea, 32, faces risk of injury charges for the incident two weeks ago. Police say he'd been watching the girl and her siblings, but left them unattended.

Fisherman’s Body Pulled from Connecticut River

A man whose body was pulled from the Connecticut River in Cromwell Saturday appears to be a fisherman and his death doesn't appear suspicious, police said. There are no obvious signs of trauma, so investigators are trying to figure out what happened. The chief medical examiner's office will do an autopsy to determine how the man died.

Copyright AP - Associated Press
Contact Us