Comcast officially signed a 7-year naming rights deal that will convert the amphitheater into Comcast Theatre. The name-change will take place when the venue’s summer concert series kicks off. How much cash Comcast spent to have it's name on the building was not released.
So that means what was the New England Dodge Music Center, then became the Meadows Music Theater will become the Comcast Theatre. Got it?
Live Nation owns the theater, which can hold 25,000 people.
Some notable acts to christen the newly named theatre this summer:
- May 23 – Coldplay
- June 5 and 6 – Dave Matthews Band
- June 13 – Brad Paisley
- June 26 – Rascal Flatts
- July 7 – Def Leppard, Poison and Cheap Trick
- July 12 – Vans Warped Tour
- July 25 – Nickelback and Papa Roach
- Aug. 6 – O.A.R.
- Aug. 8 – Mayhem Festival
- Aug. 30 – The Allman Brothers Band