Eight People Exposed to Carbon Monoxide

A home on Ferry Street was evacuated and 8 victims were rushed to two area hospitals.

Eight people, all adults, were evacuated from their home Saturday night for carbon monoxide poisoning, according to fire officials.

Fire crews, along with a local gas company, responded to a home on 522 Ferry Street just before 11:00 p.m. and found high levels of the deadly gas.

Deputy Chief Andrews says a furnace malfunction caused a carbon monoxide leak. NBC Connecticut reached out the property owner, but he declined to comment.

Four adults were treated at Yale New Haven Hospital and the other four were taken to Hospital of Saint Raphael’s. All victims were in serious condition.

No firefighters were hurt during the incident.

Contact Us