Firefighters responded Sunday morning to a fire at a recycling center in West Hartford.
West Hartford fire officials say the call came in around 11 a.m. for an active fire on Brixton Street at the Recycling Center. Fire officials say the fire was centralized around two compost piles around 150 feet by 40 feet large.
The cause of the fire was determined to be spontaneous combustion, which is a common occurrence in large compost piles.
It took crews nearly five hours to get the fire under control. Over 375,000 gallons of water were used.
No injuries were reported.