Thea Digiammerino

Fire Damages Four Buses at Goodwill in North Haven

A fire caused by a hot bus exhaust damaged four shuttle buses in a Goodwill parking lot in North Haven Monday and surveillance video shows that fire start and spread.

Fire officials said crews were called to the scene on Washington Avenue around 5 p.m. No one was hurt, but four buses were heavily damaged.

Fire Chief Paul Januszewski said the fire was accidental and caused when a bus driver backed the bus up to mulch. The hot exhaust ignited the mulch and the flames spread to the vehicles.

The buses were not occupied at the time of the fire.

Contact Us