Fire in Hamden Displaces Eight People

Eight people are displaced after a fire at a home in Hamden on Friday morning. 

Firefighters responded to Stanley Road just before 3 a.m. and found heavy fire coming from an attached garage of a one-story ranch style home. 

The fire in the garage was quickly knocked down, according to the fire department. 

A male who was in the home said there was hazy smoke in the bedroom when he woke up and he opened a door leading to the garage and saw fire in the engine compartment of a vehicle. Then he quickly alerted the other people in the house and they got out of the home quickly. 

There was heavy smoke throughout the home and fans were deployed to remove smoke and carbon monoxide from the house, according to fire officials. 

The fire was under control in around half an hour.

Eight people, including seven family members and a family friend, were displaced and are staying with family until they can return to the house. 

The Hamden Fire Department urges people to use smoke detectors and place them on each level of the home and in each bedroom. 

Contact Us