Fire at Foran High Started in Trash: Officials

Foran High School in Milford was evacuated for about half an hour on Tuesday afternoon because of a small fire in a third-floor bathroom, according to fire officials.

The fire was reported at 12:22 p.m. and triggered the fire alarm, according to Milford Fire Capt. Greg Carman. The fire was in the trash and caused some minor damage in the room.

Firefighters extinguished the blaze quickly, officials said, and gas meters were used to check the area

Crews deemed that it was safe for students to be allowed back inside as of 12:52 p.m.

No injuries are reported. The fire marshals will be investigating.

Contact Us