A GoFundMe page has been set up to repair the historic Derrin House in Avon that was damaged by fire.
A passerby contacted authorities at 8:48 a.m. on May 11 after seeing smoke coming from the Derrin House, on West Avon Road and Avon's fire marshall's office said oily rags left inside the building spontaneously combusted and started the fire.
The historical society has spent the past couple decades working on the 1810 farmhouse.
The historical society was planning a big event in June to celebrate 250 years since the Derrins settled in this area.
Now, they are worried about all the historical pieces that might have been destroyed, as well as the house.
The GoFundMe page, "Save the Derrin House," set a goal of raising $25,000 and they had raised $1,260 by around 2:30 p.m. on Monday.