Gas Leak in Manchester Prompts Evacuations

Part of a Manchester neighborhood was evacuated due to a gas leak Thursday.

Fire officials said homeowners at 16 Flower St. called to report the strong smell of gas and a hissing around 5:22 p.m. When crews arrived they found reading of 100 percent gas in the basement, and began evacuating the surrounding homes.

The call came in around the same time crews were battling a fire on academy street, and mutual aid was requested.

Eversource responded and cut power to the area while CNG cut the gas supply.

Firefighters ventilated the home and the residents were able to return.

No one was hurt.

Contact Us