Approximately 50 residents have been temporarily relocated after an apartment building in Ansonia was found to be in violation of safety codes on Tuesday morning.
According to Mayor David Cassetti, Ansonia Fire Department was called to the Capital Apartments on 290 Main Street for a water flow call around 6 a.m.
When crews arrived, the mayor said the fire marshal found numerous extension cords running down the hallways, connected to space heaters.
Officials said this building has been the subject of numerous safety violations in the past.
The mayor said because of the current condition of the building, it was determined that the building be condemned.
Approximately 50 residents will be temporarily relocated to the Ansonia Senior Center until permanent accommodations may be found, the mayor added.