More changes are coming to the Yard Goats baseball schedule through early July because of construction delays at the stadium in downtown Hartford.
Earlier this week, the Hartford Yard Goats announced changes through the end of June. This afternoon, the team released schedule changes through July 10.
The stadium was supposed to be substantially complete by May 17, but the city of Hartford gave the developer until 5 p.m. Tuesday to “demobilize” construction equipment and effectively vacate the site.
With construction stopped, the Eastern League of Professional Baseball has altered the schedule.
Hartford was supposed to play the Binghamton Mets in Hartford in July and August, but the four-game series against the Mets, from July 4 through 7, will now be at NySeg Stadium in Binghamton, New York.
The Yard Goats’ three-game series against the Portland Sea Dogs will also be at NySeg Stadium in Binghamton on July 8 and July 9. July 10 will now be an off day.
Yard Goats season ticket holders will be allowed to attend all of the games in Binghamton, New York with complementary tickets, courtesy of the Yard Goats. All other ticket sales will be handled by the Binghamton Mets.
Yard Goats New Schedule
- July 4 vs. B-Mets at Binghamton, New York 6:05 p.m.
- July 5 vs. B-Mets at Binghamton, New York 6:05 p.m.
- July 6 vs. B-Mets at Binghamton, New York 6:05 p.m.
- July 7 vs. B-Mets at Binghamton, New York 1:05 p.m.
- July 8 vs. Portland at Binghamton, New York 6:05 p.m.
- July 9 vs. Portland at Binghamton, New York, with a doubleheader beginning at 1:05 p.m.
- July 10 is now an off day