Multiple state parks have reached capacity and are now closed on Sunday.
The parking lots at the following state parks are full and are closed to new visitors:
- Black Rock State Park in Watertown
- Burr Pond State Park in Torrington
- Gardner Lake State Park in Salem
- Indian Well State Park in Shelton
- Kent Falls State Park in Kent
- Lake Waramaug State Park in Kent
- Millers Pond State Park in Haddam
- Mount Tom State Park in Litchfield
- Squantz Pond State Park in New Fairfield
- Wadsworth Falls State Park in Middletown
State Dept. of Energy and Environmental Protection officials said Gillette Castle State Park is currently open to the public until sunset, but ticket sales for tours of the castle are sold out for the remainder of the day.
Get Connecticut local news, weather forecasts and entertainment stories to your inbox. Sign up for NBC Connecticut newsletters.
Any of the parks that close on Sunday are expected to reopen on Monday.
Sign up for our Breaking newsletter to get the most urgent news stories in your inbox.