North Haven Home Condemned After Flames Rip Through

Building officials have condemned a home on Bailey Road in North Haven after flames consumed the house and attached garage Tuesday evening.

According to the North Haven Fire Department, fire broke out around 5 p.m. at 36 Bailey Road.

Flames spread from a breezeway and leapt to overhead power lines, which fell onto the house. Crews from United Illuminating were called out to cut power to the property so crews could attle the blaze.

The home's kitchen and bedrooms sustained heavy smoke damage, and officials with the town building department deemed the home unsafe.

The American Red Cross is helping three residents. No civilians or firefighters were hurt.

Fire crews are invesitgating the cause of the blaze.

Contact Us