Propane Tank Leak in Avon Prompts Emergency Response

Waterville Road in Avon was shut down for around two hours Friday night due to a propane tank leak.

Fire officials said homeowners on Waterville Road discovered their 100-gallon propane tank was leaking when they smelled a heavy odor of gas around 8 p.m. Firefighter responded and shut down the road, which has since reopened.

The gas company responded and repaired the leak, which was coming from a relief valve on the tank. No one was hurt and the family was able to return to their home.

Contact Us