Resident Suffers Burns During Newtown House Fire

One person suffered burns during a house fire in the Sandy Hook section of Newtown Monday.

Fire broke out at the home on bungalow Terrace Monday morning. Firefighters said crews from Sandy Hook Volunteer Fire, Hawleyville Fire Company, Botsford Fire Rescue and Dodgingtown Fire Company all responded.

Firefighters said a resident of the home suffered burns to his hands and smoke inhalation. He was conscious on scene and escaped the home on his own.

No other information was immediately available.

Contact Us