One Taken to Hospital After Fire, Gas Leak in Milford

Police at BIC in Milford
NBC Connecticut

One person was taken to the hospital after a truck fire and gas leak in Milford on Monday morning.

Officials responded to 500 Bic Drive just before 9 a.m. and found a gas leak and heavy fire at building 4 at 500 Bic Drive. They said someone who was doing landscaping hit the gas piping that entered the building and the gas ignited and caused serious burns to the person.

The person was treated at the scene and transported to Bridgeport Hospital Burn Center.

Crews extinguished the fire and the Southern CT Gas Company was called.

Officials said around 300 people were evacuated.

No firefighters were injured.

There was moderate damage to building 4.

Contact Us