Several popular state parks including Rocky Neck and Hammonasset have closed for the day after reaching capacity on Saturday.
State Department of Energy and Environmental Protection officials said following parks have reached parking capacity and are now closed:
- Bigelow Hollow State Park in Union
- Gardner Lake State Park in Salem
- Hammonasset Beach State Park in Madison
- Harkness Memorial State Park in Waterford
- Millers Pond State Park in Haddam
- Rocky Neck State Park in East Lyme
- Scantic River State Park, Powder Hollow in Enfield
- Sherwood Island State Park in Westport
- Silver Sands State Park in Milford
- Wadsworth Falls State Park in Middletown
The parks that have closed on Saturday are expected to reopen on Sunday.
The NBC Connecticut First Alert weather team has issued a First Alert for the risk of high heat and humidity on Sunday and Monday.