Seymour Public Schools was forced to start community bus stops for Emmett O’Brien and Platt Technical Schools because of the school bus driver shortage.
The superintendent wrote to parents:
Dear Emmett O’Brien and Platt Technical Parents:
Due to the severe bus driver shortage, we will temporarily be instituting Community Stops. These stops will be in effect starting on Monday, October 18, 2021 until we can get our driver pool back to normal levels. We realize this is not an ideal situation but at this time it is our only option to getting the students back and forth to their out-of-district schools. We appreciate your patience and understanding. We have attached the new bus stops. These will be for both morning and afternoon. We will keep you appraised as information becomes available to us.
Community Stops for Emmett O’Brien and Platt Technical
- 6:15 Chatfield-LoPresti School
- 6:20 Rocky's Deli - Pearl & Maple
- 6:25 Seymour Board of Ed – Bank and Martha
- 6:30 Seymour Evangelical Baptist Church- 104 Mountain Road
- 6:35 Seymour Middle School
- 6:40 Bungay School
- 6:45 Seymour Community Center
- 6:48 Moss Ave Park- Sochrin’s Pond
- 6:50 Gabby's Auto Body- 634 South Main
- 7:00 Emmett O'Brien
- 7:20 Platt Tech