Bloomfield has opened cooling centers for Monday and Tuesday:
- The Alvin & Beatrice Wood Human Services Center, 330 Park Ave. from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. Phone: 860-243-8361. Use the Community/Youth Center entrance on the west side of the building.
- Prosser Library, 1 Tunxis Avenue, 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. on Monday and Tuesday; Phone: 860-243-9721.
- McMahon Wintonbury Library, 1015 Blue Hills Ave., 1 p.m. to 8 p.m. on Tuesday. Phone: 860-242-0041.
- Cheshire Senior Center, 240 Maple Ave., from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. for residents.
- Cheshire Public Library, 104 Main St., 9 a.m. to 8:30 p.m.
- Ellington Senior Center, 40 Maple St.
- Ellington Library, 93 Main St.
The town of Simsbury will open cooling centers through Tuesday.
- Simsbury Public Library’s lower level entrance, 725 Hopmeadow St. from 9:30 a.m. to 8:30 p.m., Monday and Tuesday.
- Eno Memorial Hall, senior center, 54 Hopmeadow St., 860 658-3273. Open 8:30 a.m. to 7 p.m. on Monday and 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Tuesday.
For more on cooling centers, check Connecticut 211.