The South Windsor Parks and Recreation building will be closed for a few days for an inspection and repairs after a natural gas incident on Sunday.
Firefighters were called to the old Wapping Elementary School, which is currently the Parks and Recreation Building, around 8:20 a.m. after getting a report of a fire alarm.
While firefighters were heading to the scene, they said they learned about a possible issue in the building.
Investigators said they later learned there was a natural gas incident in the basement boiler room of the building. There was no residual smoke or fire.
One person who was in the room at the time of the incident was evaluated by paramedics, but authorities said he refused medical treatment and was not injured.
Officials investigated the rest of the building and said they found no structural damage or residual emergencies.
The building is expected to be closed for a few days so authorities can inspect and conduct repairs, firefighters added.
If you have any cancellations or schedule changes to programs, you're urged to contact South Windsor Parks & Recreation.