Victim of Science Center Electrocution Identified

Police have identified the man who was electrocuted while working on construction of the Connecticut Science Center in Hartford Friday morning as Chad O’Brien, 21, of Coventry.

O’Brien was working on the heating, ventilating and air conditioning system on the fifth floor around 8 a.m. and told coworkers he was having a problem, then became unresponsive, police said. He grabbed a high voltage line, was stuck and had to be kicked off, a worker at the site said.

He was given CPR at the site taken and taken to Hartford Hospital, where he was pronounced dead at 8:47 a.m. Monday, the medical examiner confirmed the cause of O’Brien’s death as electrocution and ruled in at accident.

Construction on the center has been going on for about three years. This was the first fatal accident on this project.

Contact Us