London

Woman Significantly Burned in New London Fire

Must_Haves_for_the_Holiday_Season.jpg

A woman was significantly burned after a stove caught fire in a New London home.

Firefighters responded to the home on Oneco Avenue Sunday night.

There were three occupants in the house at the time of the fire.

One female sustained significant burns and was transported to the Lawrence and Memorial Hospital for treatment. A male occupant sustained minor injuries and refused treatment.

A young child was uninjured in the fire.

New London Fire said the kitchen had suffered damage. The house was ventilated to remove smoke while ensuring the fire was extinguished and had not spread.

Contact Us