New Jersey

South Jersey Boy Suffers 2nd Degree Burns After Halloween Costume Catches Fire

A Gloucester County, New Jersey, boy was rushed to a burn unit Saturday after his Halloween costume caught fire, county emergency officials tell NBC10 in Philadelphia.

The 7-year-old's costume went up in flames around 3:30 p.m. when he walked by a candle at a home along the 900 block of Stockton Drive in Harrison Township, officials said.

The boy suffered 2nd degree burns to his chest and neck, officials said. He was taken to Crozer Chester Medical Center's Burn Unit across the river in Chester, Pennsylvania for treatment.

The child's mother did not wish to speak with NBC10 during a visit to the home.

Contact Us