Serves four or more
- 1 lb. ground beef, leaner variety preferable
- 2/3 cup oatmeal - uncooked, quick or old fashioned variety, not instant
- 2 eggs, beaten
- ¾ cup ketchup
- 2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup onion, finely chopped and sauteed in 2 tsp. vegetable oil until clear and cooled
- ½ cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
- To taste, salt and black pepper
Preheat oven to 350ºF.
In a large bowl, combine all ingredients and mix with gloved hands until combined well.
To test the seasoning, make a small, thin patty and fry until done. Then taste.
Form into your favorite loaf pan, or free-form into a rectangular shape on a cookie sheet.
Bake for about 45 minutes, depending on shape, until the center reads 155ºF. Let stand for five minutes before slicing.
Serve with your favorite vegetables of the season and enjoy!