Use five ounces of stripped bass
Pre heat oven to 400 degrees. On high heat, sear off your bass on flesh side first, then flip over to skin side. Once you sear both sides of the bass, place it in on ovenproof pan and top with you basil-pine nut crust cook for 4-5 minutes.
Caramelized Vine Ripe Tomatoes & Fennel Salad
- 1 each, red and yellow vine ripe tomatoes cut in rounds
- 1 ounce herb marinade
- ½ English cucumber, peeled, cut in half, then ¼-inch pieces
- 1 each fennel bulb, cut in half. Cut out core and slice as thinly as you can
- 3 to 4 pieces of oven-roasted tomato or sundry diced
- 2 tablespoons of feta cheese
- 1 Tsp red onion, diced
- 1 Tbs fresh herb mix, basil chive, minced
- 1 tsp citrus zest
- 1 oz of honey
- 2 oz pf banjuls vinegar
- ½ Tsp shallots, minced
- ½ tsp Dijon mustard
- 6 ounces evoo
Mix all ingredients, except the oil.
Once well incorporated, slow whip in oil, continuously whipping the mix until it is emulsified.
Place your salad on plate dress with vinaigrette then top with bass.