- ½ Lb. Good Quality Bittersweet Chocolate-chopped or fine pieces
- 16 Large Strawberries-green tops left on, washed, patted dry very well
- As Needed Melted White Chocolate for Decoration
- Place chopped chocolate in a clean, dry small saucepan. The pan should be very small so that when melted it will have enough depth of melted chocolate to be able to dip a berry into.
- Melt over the absolute very lowest heat setting possible. Induction ranges usually have a melt setting. Stir with a clean, dry rubber spatula or plastic spoon to facilitate even melting. Try not to heat the chocolate above 90°f. If you do this, the chocolate will have not lost its temper, called the passive method of tempering chocolate. The resulting coat of chocolate on the berry will have a shine and good firm texture.
- Set up a holding tray for the dipped berries with parchment or wax paper. Carefully dip each strawberry into the tempered chocolate. Use the green tops as a handle to hold. Let excess chocolate drip off and carefully scrape the berry on the edge of the pot to remove any foot. Place berry on holding tray. Let berries sit for 5 minutes to set up before serving.
- You can drizzle melted white chocolate over the finished dipped strawberries for decoration. For best results, melt white chocolate in the same manner as above, but try not to go over 83°f.
Please visit Chef Jamie’s Facebook page.