This recipe makes four cups.
- 1 15.5-ounce can of black beans, drained and rinsed well
- ¼ cup small diced red onion
- ½ cup diced tomato
- 1 ripe avocado, diced
- Juice of two limes
- 2 tablespoons of cilantro, chopped
- 2 teaspoons sugar or agave nectar
- ½ teaspoon of kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon of cumin
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2-6 dashes of Tabasco
- Place the black beans in a large bowl and mash with fork until about half of the beans are pureed.
- Incorporate the diced onion, diced tomato, diced avocado, lime juice, cilantro, sugar, kosher salt, cumin, olive oil and mix well.
- Add a couple dashes of Tabasco and taste.
- Adjust with a little more salt, sugar or Tabasco if needed and mix well.