- 1 Butternut squash - medium to large size - peeled, cut into 1” cubes
- 3 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Poblano chile pepper - fire roasted, peeled, seeded, cut into 1/4” squares
- 1/2 Lb. slab bacon - cut into 1/4” rectangles
- 2 Tbsp. canola oil
- 3 Tbsp. pure maple syrup
- To taste salt and black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 ºF. Place the butternut squash cubes in a bowl and drizzle with the olive oil. Season to taste with salt and black pepper. Toss thoroughly to coat with the oil. Lay out on a baking sheet in a single layer. Bake in the oven for about 12 minutes or more until barely tender. Remove and reserve.
- Fry the cut bacon cubes in the canola oil until moderately browned. Drain off excess oil and add the maple syrup. Cook for another 30 seconds stirring to coat the bacon with the maple syrup. Reserve.
- To assemble, lay a small piece of the roasted green chile pepper on top of each squash cube. Top each with a piece of cooked bacon. Secure all three together with a decorative skewer. Serve warm or room temperature and enjoy!
Lincoln Culinary Institute’s Website: www.lincolnculinary.com.