This recipe makes 20 small crostinis.
Ingredients for spread:
- 2 cups diced fresh pumpkin or other winter squash, ½-inch pieces
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 3 Tbsp. olive or canola oil
- To taste, kosher salt
Instructions for spread:
- Preheat oven to 400°f. Toss the diced pumpkin with the sugar, oil and salt.
- Lay out in a single layer on a baking sheet and bake in the oven for about 25 minutes or until tender. Watch carefully, or they can burn. Reserve.
Ingredients for toast:
- 20 French Bread Slices, sliced 1/3-inch thick
- 1 Stick Butter, melted
- ½ Cup Sugar
- 2 tsp. Cinnamon
Instructions for toast:
- Preheat oven to 400°f. Lay slices of bread out on cookie sheet. Brush both sides with clarified butter.
- Sprinkle top sides with sugar and cinnamon. Bake for about 8 minutes until light golden and slightly crisp.
- 1 Cup Ricotta Cheese
To Assemble crostinis:
- Spread a small amount of the ricotta cheese onto the baked crostinis. Top with a spoonful of the caramelized pumpkin. Enjoy!
Please visit Chef Jamie’s Facebook page.