Ingredients (makes about 1 1/2 quarts
- 2 Tbsp. Butter
- 2 1/2 Cups carrots - peeled and diced
- ½ Cup onions - diced
- 1 Tbsp. Fresh ginger - finely grated
- 1 Tbsp. Orange zest
- 1/2 Cup orange juice
- 2 Cups chicken broth or water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat saucepan on medium high heat.
- Add butter, carrots, and onions. Cook for about three minutes stirring occasionally until ingredients are softened.
- Add the ginger and orange zest, cook 30 seconds.
- Add the orange juice and chicken broth.Cover pot and simmer for about 20 minutes or until ingredients are very tender.
- Puree the soup to your desired consistency using a hand blender, upright blender, or food processor. If soup is too thick for your preference, stir in water or broth. If soup is too thin for your preference, put back in pot and simmer until soup is reduced.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve hot. Enjoy!
Lincoln Culinary Institute’s Website: www.lincolnculinary.com