- 4 Tbsp. butter
- 1 cup onions, diced
- 3 cups potatoes, peeled, large diced
- 4 Cups chicken or vegetable broth or water
- 2 ½ Cups spinach leaves, chopped
- 4 Tbsp. Chives, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. Tarragon, chopped
- 1 Cup heavy cream, optional
- To taste salt and black pepper
- In a heavy bottom soup pan, add the butter and onions. Cook over medium heat for about three minutes or until softened. Do not brown.
- Add the potatoes and broth. Cover and bring to a gentle boil. Cook for about 15 minutes or until the potatoes are very tender.
- Puree the soup until desired consistency using a blender, stick mixer or food processor. Put the soup back in the pot and bring back up to a gentle boil. If the soup is too thick for your liking, add more broth or water and reheat. If soup is too thin for your liking, bring to a gentle boil and allow to reduce without a cover for a few minutes.
- To finish, stir in the spinach, chives, tarragon and heavy cream if desired. Season soup to taste with salt and black pepper. Enjoy!