- 2 Cups Fresh Cherry Tomatoes-sliced in half
- 8 Basil Leaves-torn into smaller pieces
- 1 Garlic Cloves-mashed into a paste using kosher salt
- 2 Tbsp. White Balsamic Vinegar
- 6 Tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ½ Cup Finely Shredded Parmesan Cheese (not grated into a powder)
- Salt and Black Pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 350°f. In a bowl, combine the tomatoes and basil. In a separate bowl prepare the dressing by whisking together the garlic paste and the vinegar. Gradually drizzle in the olive oil while whisking. Season dressing with salt and black pepper. Toss dressing gently with the tomatoes.
To make the crispy Parmesan, lightly spray the back side of a flat cookie sheet with vegetable spray. Sprinkle the Parmesan cheese on the back of the pan in four separate 4” diameter rounds. The cheese should be only a thin layer, so you can almost see the cookie sheet underneath. Bake in the oven for about 4 minutes or until a very very light golden brown. Remove from the oven, let cool two minutes to allow the cheese to firm up. Serve the tomato salad in a small bowl and garnish with the crispy Parmesan and a basil leaf. Enjoy!