This recipe makes four servings.
- 1 pound sliced chicken cutlets
- Salt and pepper
- ½ cup flour for dredging
- 1 Tbsp. oil
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 cup prepared tomato sauce
- 6 slices prosciutto
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese
- Place chicken cutlets on a plate and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Lightly dredge in flour on both sides. Then heat the oil in a large fry pan over medium heat.
- In small batches, saute the chicken cutlets for 1 minute on each side and set aside on a plate. Pour in the wine and reduce by two-thirds.
- Add the tomato sauce and bring to a simmer. Pour the sauce in the bottom of a casserole dish large enough to hold all the chicken cutlets. Then add the chicken in a single layer.
- Next break the proscuitto slices up and place on top of the chicken. sprinkle with the parmesan cheese. Then bake in a preheated 375-degree oven for five to seven minutes or until the cheese melts.
- Serve with pasta on the side.