- 1 pound small pasta like ditalini cooked in salted boiling water until cooked and drained
- 1 cup small diced onion
- 1 red pepper small-diced
- 3 cloves garlic-minced
- 4–5 slices bacon-chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons dry oregano
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1-8 ounce bottle clam juice
- 1-6.5 ounce can chopped clams
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 small bunch parsley chopped
- 1/4 cup pecorino cheese
In a large pot combine the diced onion, red pepper, garlic, and bacon and cook on medium low until the onions start to brown and the bacon is cooked.
Now add the red pepper flakes and oregano and stir in well.
Pour in the white wine and simmer until reduced by about 1/2. Then pour in the calm juice and bring back to a simmer.
Next dump in the cooked drained pasta and mix well.
When it starts to simmer add the clams with the juice from the can and the butter.
Simmer until thickened slightly about 2-3 minutes.
To finish add the chopped parsley and cheese. Taste and adjust seasonings with salt and pepper if needed.
Recipe makes 6-8 servings.