This recipe makes 6-8 pancakes.
1 Cup All Purpose Flour
1 Tbsp. Granulated Sugar
2 tsp. Baking Powder
¼ tsp. Ground Cinnamon
½ tsp. Salt
¾ Cup Milk
¼ Cup Canola Oil
½ Cup Pumpkin Puree-fresh or canned (not pumpkin pie filling)
¾ Cup Small Diced Apples
• Measure the flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt in a bowl large enough to accommodate the other ingredients. Whisk until combined or sift if necessary.
• In a separate bowl whisk together the egg, milk, oil and pumpkin until smooth.
• Add the liquid ingredients to the dry ingredients and whisk just until barely smooth. Add the diced apples.
• Check the consistency of the batter. Place a tablespoon of the batter on the griddle and see if it properly spreads out and sets a pancake. If too thick, add 1 tablespoon of water or milk at a time until correct.
• Cook on a preheated 350ºf , greased griddle for about 3 minutes on a side or until done. Great served with maple syrup and whipped cream. Enjoy!