- 4 Eggs - beaten with 1/2 cup of milk
- 8 Bread slices - 1/3” thick
- 8 Thin ham slices
- 1/4 Cup pure maple syrup
- 8 Swiss cheese slices - or any favorite cheese
- To taste, salt and black pepper.
Preparation (Serves four)
- Whisk together the eggs and milk, seasoning lightly to taste with salt and black pepper. Place in shallow dish like a pie pan or a casserole for dipping the bread. Reserve.
- Preheat griddle to 350 °F, or a sauté pan on medium heat. Dip the bread slices in the egg mixture, flipping over to coat both sides evenly. Place the bread on the preheated griddle. Griddle for about 2 minutes or until light golden brown. Flip each bread slice over and immediately place a slice of Swiss cheese on each bread slice. Meanwhile, quickly heat the ham slices on the griddle and drizzle evenly with the maple syrup. Lay 2 ham slices on each of four cheese topped bread, and lay the top layer of bread over the ham. When the bottom of the sandwich is golden, flip over and finish the second side. Remove from griddle and slice in half crosswise and serve immediately. Enjoy!
Lincoln Culinary Institute’s Website: www.lincolnculinary.com