This recipe makes 20 small crostinis.
- 1 point native Connecticut strawberries, hulled, washed and diced to ¼-inch
- 3 Tbs. sugar
- 1 Tbs. white balsamic vinegar
- Toss together in bowl, let marinate for 15 minutes and use to top crostinis.
- 20 each French bread slices, sliced 1/3-inch thick
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 Tsp. cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400 degree Fahrenheit.
- Lay slices of bread out on a cookie sheet. Brush both sides with clarified butter. Sprinkle top sides with sugar and cinnamon. Bake for about 8 minutes or until light golden and slightly crisp.
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 3 Tbs. honey
- 2 Tsp. pure vanilla extract
- Combine ingredients in bowl. Using a rubber scraper, mix gently until smooth.
To Assemble Crostinis:
- Spread or pipe the cheese mixture onto the baked crostinis.
- Top with a spoonful of the strawberry mixture.
- Place on a serving plate and garnish with powdered sugar, fresh mint or toasted pine nuts.