2 tbsp. oil
4 boneless, skinless chicken thighs chopped into 1-inch pieces
2 cups small, diced onion
2 cups small, diced carrots
1 cup medium, diced celery
1 tbsp. curry powder
1 cup white wine
1 quart canned chicken broth
1 quart water
2 cups medium diced potatoes
4 tbs. cold water mixed with 4 tablespoons corn starch
1 cup cream
½ tsp. black pepper
1 tbsp. kosher salt
1 tbsp. honey
1 tsp. red wine vinegar
¼ cup chopped fresh dill
- Heat the oil over high heat in a large soup pot.
- Add the chopped chicken thighs and let cook for 1 minute. Then stir the chicken and add the diced onions.
- Lower heat to medium and cook for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Now toss in the diced carrots and celery and cook for another 2-3 minutes. Stir in the curry powder and add the white wine.
- Reduce wine by one half and then add the chicken broth, water and diced potatoes.
- Bring to a simmer and cook for 20-30 minutes. Mix the cold water and cornstarch well while stirring the soup pour it in to thicken. Now add the cream, black pepper, salt, honey and red wine vinegar.
- Taste and adjust seasoning with salt if needed. Finish with fresh dill. Makes about 3 quarts