1 tbsp. vegetable oil
½ cup onions, finely chopped
2 tsp. garlic, minced
½ tsp. cumin
¼ tsp. ground coriander
¼ cup cider vinegar
¾ cup ketchup
2 tbsp. molasses
1 tbsp. honey
2 chicken breasts, boneless, skinless, cooked and shredded
4 corn tortillas
Vegetable, oil as needed, for frying
As needed, shredded Jack cheese, diced tomatoes, shredded lettuce, cilantro sprigs, sour cream and lime wedges
- Prepare BBQ sauce by heating a saute pan on medium heat.
- Add the vegetable oil and onions.
- Cook for about 2 minutes, or until softened.
- Add the garlic, cumin, coriander and cook 30 seconds.
- Add vinegar, ketchup, molasses and honey, whisk until smooth.
- Stir in the shredded chicken breast. Reserve warm to serve with tostadas.
- To fry tostadas, heat vegetable oil in a saute pan wide enough to fit your corn tortillas to 350°F.
- Fry one tortilla at a time, flipping after the first side gets light golden. Remove to drain. Season once out of the oil. Repeat with other tortillas.
- Top each fried tortilla with the shredded bbq chicken, jack cheese and sprinkle any of the suggested garnishes above.