- 3/4 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 Garlic Cloves-crushed
- 8 Phyllo Dough Sheets
- 1 1/2 Cups Shredded Sharp White Cheddar Cheese
- 4 Green Tomatoes-sliced 1/3” thick
- Salt and Pepper To Taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Heat the olive oil and garlic until just beginning to boil. Turn off the heat and let the flavors infuse for 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Grease a large cookie sheet with olive oil or vegetable spray. Lay one sheet of phyllo on the pan and brush with the butter/oil mixture. Repeat with the remaining 7 sheets. Sprinkle the shredded cheese over the top sheet to within 2” from the edges. Top the cheese with the sliced tomatoes, slightly overlapping or shingling each tomato. Roll the edges inward to create a border. Drizzle any remaining olive oil/butter mixture over the tomatoes and season if desired.
- Bake in the oven for about 30 minutes or until phyllo is crisp and golden. Cool briefly out of the oven. Slice into portions and serve warm or room temperature. Great with a green salad. Enjoy!
Lincoln Culinary Institute’s Website: www.lincolnculinary.com