- 2 Sweet Potatoes-peeled, cut into ¼" x ¼"x3" sticks
- 1 Cup Cornstarch-sifted just before using
- ½ Cup Tomato Ketchup
- 3 Tbsp. Red Raspberry Jam
- ½ tsp. Chipotle Pepper Puree
- As Needed Vegetable Oil, Fine Sea Salt and Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
Soak the sweet potato sticks in a bowl of cold water for 15 minutes. Prepare the ketchup by whisking together the ketchup, raspberry jam and chipotle pepper puree until smooth. Reserve.
Heat fry oil to 350°f. Drain the water off of the sweet potatoes leaving slightly damp. Dredge the fries in the sifted cornstarch , shaking off all excess coating. Drop in small batches into the frying oil and cook for about 3 minutes or until darkened and crisp. Drain, season to taste with fine sea salt and fine sugar. Serve with the ketchup. Enjoy!