This recipe serves four.
- 8 Cherrystone or Quahog Clams
- 4 Tbsp. Butter
- 2 Tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 Garlic Cloves-sliced thinly
- 4 Basil Leaves-cut into thin strips or chiffonade
- 4 Country Bread Slices-toasted until crisp
- To Taste Black Pepper
- Place the clams into a large pot, add enough water to cover the bottom of the pot by ½”. Cover and bring to a full boil, and cook until the clams just open up. Remove the clams and allow to cool. Reserve the broth for another use. When cool, remove the clams from the shell and chop into ¼” pieces.
- In a saute pan over medium high heat, add the butter and olive oil. Add the garlic and cook for about 30 seconds or until aromatic, but not browned. Add the reserved clams and cook just to heat through. Finish by adding the basil and seasoning to taste with black pepper. Divide the clam mixture over the toasted bread and enjoy!
Please visit Chef Jamie’s Facebook page.