- 24 each French bread slices, sliced about ¼-inch thick
- ½ cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil or your favorite oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place bread slices on a cookie sheet and brush or spray them with olive oil on both sides. Season the top side with salt and pepper.
- Bake in oven for about 8 minutes until they are light golden brown.
- To finish, rub each toasted sliced of bread with the garlic clove for additional flavor.
- To present, top each crostini with about 2 teaspoons of the caramelized onions from recipe below.
- 2 Tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 cups onions, sliced
- 2 Tbsp. golden raisins
- 2 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. Toasted pine nuts, save to garnish the tops
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat saute pan over medium-high heat, add olive oil and onions.
- Cook, stirring occasionally until softened and deep brown.
- Turn heat down and let onions begin to caramelize.
- Add vinegar and raisins and cook for a minute more. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Remove from heat, and let cool to room temperature. Use to top crostini.