This recipe serves four.
- 4 French or country Italian bread slices, sliced about ½-inch thick
- ¼ cup Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tsp. Fresh rosemary, chopped
- ½ Cup Ricotta cheese
- ½ Cup Arugula or other favorite salad green
- 1 Tsp. White balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. Extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Nectarines or peaches, pitted, sliced thinly
- To taste, salt and black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400-degrees Fahrenheit. Brush both sides of the bread slices with the olive oil. Season the top side with salt, black pepper and rosemary. Bake in the oven until light golden and moderately crisp. Let cool to room temperature.
- Place the arugula in a bowl and gently toss with the vinegar and olive oil, seasoning to taste with salt and pepper.
- Spread each bread slice with an equal amount of the ricotta cheese. Divide the arugula over the cheese and garnish each with a half of a sliced nectarine.
Lincoln Culinary Institute’s Website: www.lincolnculinary.edu