- 2 Tbs. Butter
- ½ Cup Onions-small diced
- ¼ Cup Celery-small diced
- 2 Cups Peas-fresh or frozen, reserve ½ c. for garnish at the end
- 2 Cups Chicken or Vegetable Broth
- ½ Cups Heavy Cream-optional
- 1 Tbs. Fresh Mint-chopped fine
- Salt and White Pepper to Taste
- Garnish with peas, croutons, drizzle of creme fraiche, mint spring, lettuce, etc.
Melt butter in saucepan on medium heat, add onions and celery, and a pinch of salt. Cook stirring occasionally for about 2-3 minutes until the vegetables are very tender and sweet smelling but not browned. Add the peas (reserving ½ C. for garnish) and chicken broth. Bring to a boil, and cook for about 4 minutes until peas are tender.
Purée soup in blender or using hand stick mixer. Place soup back in soup pot. Gradually add heavy cream to soup while stirring, add mint, reserved peas and season to taste with salt and pepper. Place back on heat and heat until hot, or fully chill and serve as a chilled soup. Garnish with the reserved peas, croutons, fresh mint sprig, a drizzle of sour cream or crème fraîche. Enjoy! Happy Spring! Serves four.