This recipe serves four.
- 1 cup rhubarb, cut into ½-inch pieces
- 3 Tbsp. sugar
- ¼ cup white balsamic vinegar
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cups salad greens: spring mix, arugula, romaine, cut into 1-inch pieces
- ½ cup red onions, thinly sliced
- ½ cup cucumber, peeled, seeded and diced
- ¼ cup crumbled feta cheese
- Salt and black pepper
- In a small sauce pan, combine the rhubarb and sugar. Toss well, cover and gently simmer for about 3 minutes to allow the juices to come out of the rhubarb.
- Strain the juices into a mixing bowl, reserving the rhubarb for the salad. To the same bowl, add the white balsamic vinegar and gradually drizzle in the olive oil while whisking.
- Season dressing to taste with salt and black pepper.
- Combine the salad greens, reserved rhubarb, onions, feta and cucumber. Toss with enough of the dressing to coat lightly.
- Divide among four plates. Enjoy!